Gifts to the Chilkat Valley Community Foundation (CVCF) build the “community permanent fund” for the future. Many friends make their largest contributions through planned gifts, which are invested to grow over time and help CVCF provide grants for our community.
Putting CVCF in our wills allows us to continue supporting the nonprofits of the Chilkat Valley in perpetuity. It also ensures that our money is being handled and spent responsibly.
–Jim & Anna Jurgeleit, Legacy Society for Alaska Donors
Individuals who include CVCF in their estate plans become members of the Legacy Society for Alaska. It’s a simple, lasting gift to your community. You can:
- Make a gift to CVCF in your will or trust.
- Designate CVCF as a beneficiary of your retirement accounts or life insurance policy, which preserves the full value of your support as your gift will not be subject to estate and income taxes.
- Donate a paid‐up life insurance policy.
- And, through 2020, you can secure matching dollars by declaring your intent to make a planned gift.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options or for more information on how your planned gift can secure matching dollars for Chilkat Valley funds today.
Bequests can be made to:
The Alaska Community Foundation/Chilkat Valley Community Foundation – Fund Name
EIN #92‐0155067, a tax-exempt organization under IRS Section 501(c)(3)
The Advantages of a Planned Gift to a Fund of the Chilkat Valley Community Foundation
Planned giving means that your assets remain untouched during your lifetime. Bequests are not payable until the time of death. Then, your planned gift lives on to benefit the whole community.
- Gifts may be a specific dollar amount, a percentage of your estate after taxes and expenses, or a gift of real property, stocks, artwork or other valuables.
- Planned gifts reduce the taxable value of your estate because CVCF is an Affiliate of a nonprofit organization.
- Designating CVCF as a beneficiary of your retirement preserves the full value of your support as your gift will not be subject to estate and income tax.